Together With Christ, For Our Future
The Gradual Lifting of Covid-19 Protocols, Version 2 (click here)
Church Visitation before Funeral Masses begins June 1, 2021.
To read the revised policies for Funerals: (click here)
Past Covid statements and protocols can be found in All Things Covid.
1. Next weekend there is a second collection for the Holy Father’s Peter Pence supporting humanitarian initiatives and social promotion projects, as well as to the support of the Holy See.
2. Registration for the upcoming 2021/22 School of Religion is open for Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, St. Joseph and St. Michael Elementary and Middle School PSR. Registration forms are available in the churches, the Pastoral Center and on the church website as well as the Facebook pages of The Catholic Church in East St. James Parish. Deadline to register is Monday July 5th in the class of your choice. Options will be listed on the registration form. Once the classes are filled you need to choose other options. The fee is $25.00 per child.
3. The upcoming Sacred Heart and St. Joseph Parish School of Religion is in need of teachers and aids. Please consider your time and talent to guide our children in their spiritual journey. Contact Donna Waguespack or Harriet Melancon at the Pastoral Center for more information.
4. High School PSR Registration for the Cluster is coming soon.
Confession 7:00 - 7:50 AM
Mass 8:00 AM
Confession 3:00 - 3:50 PM
Vigil Mass 4:00 PM
Mass 10:00 AM
Mass 6:00 PM
Confession 4:00 - 4:50 PM
Mass 5:00 PM
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Chapel
3250 Louisiana Avenue
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00 AM (Lutcher)
Wednesday 5:30 PM (Lutcher)
News & Events
See all past reflections under the menu "Spirituality in Trying Times"
New Summer Reading. Lessons from Saint Thérèse: The Wisdom of God’s Little Flower. to join the Facebook group discussion or See the flyer here.
St. Joseph Cemetery Crucifix Restoration project is underway. Please click the link to read Fr Vincent's appeal for support.
ST. MICHAEL GROTTO
We are happy to announce that we are able to reopen St. Michael’s Lourdes Grotto for more regular visits. Now, on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9:00am to 4:00pm, people will be able to visit the Grotto at St. Michael. Please remember to use the handicap ramp side door to enter and exit the church. The number in the Grotto at any one time must remain limited to four (4) people maximum. With the extra hours of availability, we hope regular visitors will find a good time each week for their visit.
Our Perpetual Adoration Chapel has reopened at Prompt Succor Chapel. If you or someone you know would be willing to sign up for an hour, please contact Jason Amato, Bobby Lear, or Seth Bourgeois.
LOOK FOR THE NEW MASS STIPENDS POLICY UNDER .../MINISTRIES/SPIRITUAL LIFE AND WORSHIP
Further Information about religious services to parishioners:
Baptisms can be scheduled on a “family-by-family” outside of Masses currently. Please contact Mrs. Missy Laurent at the Pastoral Center
Please contact your Funeral Home and the Pastoral Center to coordinate these services. Find the PROTOCOLS here.
Please contact Deacon Alfred Adams for details.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK / COMMUNION TO THE HOME-BOUND
Please contact the Pastoral Center for a priest to address these needs.
Pastoral Center Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. The Pastoral Center is closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Stores in Lutcher will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10 AM to 2 PM, as long as help is available. MASK ARE REQUIRED. THEY NEED OUR HELP. Read the article.
We will strive to operate our Food Pantry on our designated days taking into account the health and well-being of our volunteers and clients. We will continue to provide emergency services as need through the Catholic Church Pastoral Center at 225-869-5751 or St. Vincent DePaul at 225-869-1078 leaving a message.
Sacred Heart Church is in need of volunteers to clean the church. Anyone interested should contact the Pastoral Center, 225-869-5751.
Is your marriage going down the right road . . . or is it a little off track? Life can be difficult, and so can the challenges you face in marriage.
Does the distance between you seem wide? Are you already separated? Looking for a better way? Retrouvaille can help and offers hope for a better relationship. Retrouvaille is a peer ministry of volunteer couples that can help you learn the tools of healthy communication, build intimacy and heal, just as they have done in their own marriages. Retrouvaille is Christian-based, and Catholic in origin, but welcomes couples of all faiths as well as non-religious couples. Retrouvaille can help get your relationship back on track. The next Retrouvaille Weekend in the Diocese of Baton Rouge will be October 1-3, 2021. (All COVID-19 precautions will be in place). For more information, contact: Bill and Missie @ 985-232-5963 or visit our website: HelpOurMarriage.org.
Are you between the ages of 18-30 and have been longing for a deeper relationship with God, but don't know where to start or searching for friends with the same passion for Christ?? Join the River Road Catholics Young Adult Ministry for an opportunity to grow closer to God through prayer, worship, community, bible study, service, and friendship. Visit our Facebook for more information: River Road Catholics YAM.
For the Stewardship of Ministry page click here
You can now learn about and join the Knights of Columbus online at KofC.org/JoinUs
FORMED has gone through some changes and is getting rave reviews. Check out the new website and all it has to offer.
Please sign up for FORMED by clicking the icon and finding the parish of East St James
THIS WEEKS SUGGESTED VIEWING
Also check out the recommended topics from past months. Sorry this feature is no longer updated.
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 129
2130 Rectory Street
Paulina, LA 70763-0129
- Fr. Vincent Dufresne, Pastor
- Deacon Alfred Adams, SM HS PSR/Marriage Prep/Lay Ministry Coordination
- Deacon Sam Sammartino, Social Responsibility/Marriage Prep/Tribunal Advisor
- Mrs. Paula Poche, St. Peter Chanel Principal
- Gordon Jenkins, Facilities Administrator
- Mrs. Missy Laurent, HS/Confirmation/Youth Ministry/Lay Ministry Coordinator/ Bapt. Prep.
- Mrs. Harriet Melancon, SH Elementary PSR/Bulletin Editor
- Mrs. Donna Waguespack, SJ Elementary PSR/SPC Liason
- Ms. Carol Ann Rome, SM Elementary PSR
- Mrs. Sherry Bourgeois, HR/Payroll/SM Finance
- Mrs. Tammy Martin, SJ & SH Finance
- Ms. Allison Badeaux, Receptionist/Secretary