Together With Christ, For Our Future
1. Thursday, December 8 we will celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, a Holy day of Obligation. Masses will be on Wednesday at 6 pm at Sacred Heart, on Thursday at 8am at St. Joseph (School Mass) and 6pm at St. Michael.
2. The Pastoral Center will be closed Thursday and Friday, Dec 8 and 9.
3. There will be a second collection Dec 10/11 for the Retirement Fund for Religious.
4. You may pick up your church calendars for 2023 as you enter church.
5. Our Cluster Blood Drive is Sunday, December 18 at St. Peter Chanel’s Cafeteria from 9:00am-1:30pm. Please consider to make a donation.
6. The Cluster Advent Reconciliation is Wednesday, December 21st at 6:30pm at St. Joseph. Please take advantage of the regular Saturday/Sunday Reconciliation times at the three parishes rather than wait until the end of Advent.
Sunday Readings and Homilies can be seen on our YouTube chanel here: Channel content - YouTube Studio
Confession 7:00 - 7:50 AM
Mass 8:00 AM
Confession 3:00 - 3:50 PM
Vigil Mass 4:00 PM
Mass 10:00 AM
Mass 6:00 PM
Confession 4:00 - 4:50 PM
Mass 5:00 PM
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Chapel
3250 Louisiana Avenue
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00 AM (Lutcher)
Wednesday 5:30 PM (Lutcher)
News & Events
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK!
Parish Bookkeeper position available:
The Catholic Church in East St. James has a job opening for a Parish Bookkeeper. This is a part-time, paid position, approximately 16 hours per week. Applicants must be proficient in bookkeeping skills, capable of paper and computer record-keeping, willing to learn a unique computer program for offertory and payroll accounting. Experience is preferred but on-the-job training will be provided. Please submit your resume to Fr. Vincent Dufresne at [email protected] to set up an interview.
The Sunday Mass at 10:00 AM at St. Joseph Church is now being live-streamed. Each weeks mass will be on the Facebook page until the next Sunday's mass is aired. The readings and Homily from each Sunday will be available on The Catholic Church of East Saint James YouTube channel.
Our live-streamed 10:00am Mass on FaceBook is offered for the spiritual enrichment and benefit of any and all viewers. However, it CANNOT fulfill the moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass. Because of their disability, the sick and infirmed are automatically dispensed from this obligation; this Mass is explicitly for their benefit. All others without a factual impediment are always under moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
We are in need of volunteers to help with the live-streaming. It is only for videoing at mass and is a simple process. Several volunteers will allow a schedule so that no one is asked too often. Please contact Gordon Jenkins or the Pastoral Center to volunteer or for more information.
Past Covid statements and protocols can be found in All Things Covid.
St. Joseph Cemetery Crucifix Restoration project is underway. Please click the link to read Fr Vincent's appeal for support.
ST. MICHAEL GROTTO
We are happy to announce that we are able to reopen St. Michael’s Lourdes Grotto for more regular visits. Now open daily from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please remember to use the handicap ramp side door to enter and exit the church.
Our Perpetual Adoration Chapel has reopened at Prompt Succor Chapel. If you or someone you know would be willing to sign up for an hour, please contact Jason Amato, Bobby Lear, or Seth Bourgeois.
LOOK FOR THE NEW MASS STIPENDS POLICY UNDER .../MINISTRIES/SPIRITUAL LIFE AND WORSHIP
Further Information about religious services to parishioners:
Please contact Mrs. Missy Laurent at the Pastoral Center
Please contact your Funeral Home and the Pastoral Center to coordinate these services.
Please contact Deacon Alfred Adams for details.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK / COMMUNION TO THE HOME-BOUND
Please contact the Pastoral Center for a priest to address these needs.
St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Stores in Lutcher is closed due to storm damage. No word has been made as to when it may reopen.
We will strive to operate our Food Pantry on our designated days taking into account the health and well-being of our volunteers and clients. We will continue to provide emergency services as need through the Catholic Church Pastoral Center at 225-869-5751 or St. Vincent DePaul at 225-869-1078 leaving a message.
Sacred Heart Church is in need of volunteers to clean the church. Anyone interested should contact the Pastoral Center, 225-869-5751.
Is your marriage going down the right road . . . or is it a little off track? Life can be difficult, and so can the challenges you face in marriage.
Does the distance between you seem wide? Are you already separated? Looking for a better way? Retrouvaille can help and offers hope for a better relationship. Retrouvaille is a peer ministry of volunteer couples that can help you learn the tools of healthy communication, build intimacy and heal, just as they have done in their own marriages. Retrouvaille is Christian-based, and Catholic in origin, but welcomes couples of all faiths as well as non-religious couples. Retrouvaille can help get your relationship back on track. For more information about the upcoming local Retrouvaille Weekend program for couples, (September 16-18,) contact: Randall and Robin Bellard @ 225-271-4092 or visit our website: HelpOurMarriage.org
Are you between the ages of 18-30 and have been longing for a deeper relationship with God, but don't know where to start or searching for friends with the same passion for Christ?? Join the River Road Catholics Young Adult Ministry for an opportunity to grow closer to God through prayer, worship, community, bible study, service, and friendship. Visit our Facebook for more information: River Road Catholics YAM.
For the Stewardship of Ministry page click here
You can now learn about and join the Knights of Columbus online at KofC.org/JoinUs
FORMED has gone through some changes and is getting rave reviews. Check out the new website and all it has to offer.
Please sign up for FORMED by clicking the icon and finding the parish of East St James
THIS WEEKS SUGGESTED VIEWING
Also check out the recommended topics from past months. Sorry this feature is no longer updated.
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 129
2130 Rectory Street
Paulina, LA 70763-0129
- Fr. Vincent Dufresne, Pastor
- Deacon Alfred Adams, SM HS PSR/Marriage Prep/Lay Ministry Coordination
- Deacon Sam Sammartino, Social Responsibility/Marriage Prep/Tribunal Advisor
- Mrs. Paula Poche, St. Peter Chanel Principal
- Gordon Jenkins, Facilities Administrator
- Mrs. Missy Laurent, HS/Confirmation/Youth Ministry/Lay Ministry Coordinator/ Bapt. Prep.
- Mrs. Harriet Melancon, SH Elementary PSR/Bulletin Editor
- Ms. Carol Ann Rome, SM Elementary PSR
- Mrs. Sherry Bourgeois, HR/Payroll/SM Finance
- Mrs. Tammy Martin, SJ & SH Finance
- Ms. Allison Badeaux, Secretary
- Ms. Donna Rochon, Receptionist