Together With Christ, For Our Future
- There will be a second collection this weekend for Religious Education.
- PSR for Sacred Heart and St. Joseph grades 9th and 10th will begin this Sunday, September 25 at 6:15 PM at Sacred Heart in Gramercy.
- There will be no PSR classes at St. Michael on September 25-26.
- Thursday, September 29th is the Feast of St. Michael and the Archangels. There will be no 7:00 AM Mass in Lutcher. Instead, mass with be at 6 p.m. at St. Michael’s in Convent.
- Fr. Vincent asks all parishioners to read in the bulletin these special announcements: 1) we are inviting any former liturgical ministers to renew their service to our parishes, and all parishioners interested in volunteering for liturgical ministry to contact the Pastoral Center; 2) Pastoral Council elections will take place the first weekend in November, so we are seeking nominations for this essential ministry and service to your parish; and 3) we plan to hire a part-time assistant Elementary DRE (Director of Religious Education), and are requesting resumes be brought to the Pastoral Center. More details are in the bulletin articles.
- Next weekend there will be a second collection for the Building and Maintenance Fund.
Sunday Readings and Homilies can be seen on our YouTube chanel here: Channel content - YouTube Studio
Confession 7:00 - 7:50 AM
Mass 8:00 AM
Confession 3:00 - 3:50 PM
Vigil Mass 4:00 PM
Mass 10:00 AM
Mass 6:00 PM
Confession 4:00 - 4:50 PM
Mass 5:00 PM
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Chapel
3250 Louisiana Avenue
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00 AM (Lutcher)
Wednesday 5:30 PM (Lutcher)
News & Events
The Sunday Mass at 10:00 AM at St. Joseph Church is now being live-streamed. Each weeks mass will be on the Facebook page until the next Sunday's mass is aired. The readings and Homily from each Sunday will be available on The Catholic Church of East Saint James YouTube channel.
Our live-streamed 10:00am Mass on FaceBook is offered for the spiritual enrichment and benefit of any and all viewers. However, it CANNOT fulfill the moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass. Because of their disability, the sick and infirmed are automatically dispensed from this obligation; this Mass is explicitly for their benefit. All others without a factual impediment are always under moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
We are in need of volunteers to help with the live-streaming. It is only for videoing at mass and is a simple process. Several volunteers will allow a schedule so that no one is asked too often. Please contact Gordon Jenkins or the Pastoral Center to volunteer or for more information.
Past Covid statements and protocols can be found in All Things Covid.
St. Joseph Cemetery Crucifix Restoration project is underway. Please click the link to read Fr Vincent's appeal for support.
ST. MICHAEL GROTTO
We are happy to announce that we are able to reopen St. Michael’s Lourdes Grotto for more regular visits. Now open daily from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please remember to use the handicap ramp side door to enter and exit the church.
Our Perpetual Adoration Chapel has reopened at Prompt Succor Chapel. If you or someone you know would be willing to sign up for an hour, please contact Jason Amato, Bobby Lear, or Seth Bourgeois.
LOOK FOR THE NEW MASS STIPENDS POLICY UNDER .../MINISTRIES/SPIRITUAL LIFE AND WORSHIP
Further Information about religious services to parishioners:
Please contact Mrs. Missy Laurent at the Pastoral Center
Please contact your Funeral Home and the Pastoral Center to coordinate these services.
Please contact Deacon Alfred Adams for details.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK / COMMUNION TO THE HOME-BOUND
Please contact the Pastoral Center for a priest to address these needs.
St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Stores in Lutcher is closed due to storm damage. No word has been made as to when it may reopen.
We will strive to operate our Food Pantry on our designated days taking into account the health and well-being of our volunteers and clients. We will continue to provide emergency services as need through the Catholic Church Pastoral Center at 225-869-5751 or St. Vincent DePaul at 225-869-1078 leaving a message.
Sacred Heart Church is in need of volunteers to clean the church. Anyone interested should contact the Pastoral Center, 225-869-5751.
Is your marriage going down the right road . . . or is it a little off track? Life can be difficult, and so can the challenges you face in marriage.
Does the distance between you seem wide? Are you already separated? Looking for a better way? Retrouvaille can help and offers hope for a better relationship. Retrouvaille is a peer ministry of volunteer couples that can help you learn the tools of healthy communication, build intimacy and heal, just as they have done in their own marriages. Retrouvaille is Christian-based, and Catholic in origin, but welcomes couples of all faiths as well as non-religious couples. Retrouvaille can help get your relationship back on track. For more information about the upcoming local Retrouvaille Weekend program for couples, (September 16-18,) contact: Randall and Robin Bellard @ 225-271-4092 or visit our website: HelpOurMarriage.org
Are you between the ages of 18-30 and have been longing for a deeper relationship with God, but don't know where to start or searching for friends with the same passion for Christ?? Join the River Road Catholics Young Adult Ministry for an opportunity to grow closer to God through prayer, worship, community, bible study, service, and friendship. Visit our Facebook for more information: River Road Catholics YAM.
For the Stewardship of Ministry page click here
You can now learn about and join the Knights of Columbus online at KofC.org/JoinUs
FORMED has gone through some changes and is getting rave reviews. Check out the new website and all it has to offer.
Please sign up for FORMED by clicking the icon and finding the parish of East St James
THIS WEEKS SUGGESTED VIEWING
Also check out the recommended topics from past months. Sorry this feature is no longer updated.
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 129
2130 Rectory Street
Paulina, LA 70763-0129
- Fr. Vincent Dufresne, Pastor
- Deacon Alfred Adams, SM HS PSR/Marriage Prep/Lay Ministry Coordination
- Deacon Sam Sammartino, Social Responsibility/Marriage Prep/Tribunal Advisor
- Mrs. Paula Poche, St. Peter Chanel Principal
- Gordon Jenkins, Facilities Administrator
- Mrs. Missy Laurent, HS/Confirmation/Youth Ministry/Lay Ministry Coordinator/ Bapt. Prep.
- Mrs. Harriet Melancon, SH Elementary PSR/Bulletin Editor
- Ms. Carol Ann Rome, SM Elementary PSR
- Mrs. Sherry Bourgeois, HR/Payroll/SM Finance
- Mrs. Tammy Martin, SJ & SH Finance
- Ms. Allison Badeaux, Receptionist/Secretary
- Ms. Donna Rochon, Receptionist