Together With Christ, For Our Future
Fete-Dieu du Mississippi Planning Meeting
There will be a planning meeting Tuesday, February 27, at 6:30pm at St. Michael Hall for the Fete-Dieu du Mississippi Eucharistic Procession arriving at St. Michael Church August 14-15, 2024. Please come to find out how you can help or participate in this once-in-a lifetime event!
Different people, parishioners and non-parishioners alike, choose to contact the Pastoral Center for a huge variety of reasons, from the most simple to the most complicated. I welcome any and all contacts because I believe the Church (and pastor) are here to serve any person with any need, at least as best I can. Obviously some requests are not resolved the way some individuals might hope; I am not capable of handling every single situation that comes my way. And likewise, I cannot do some things the way people would like. I won’t even trouble you with examples of what I mean.
However, often enough I receive “anonymous” contacts – that is, a letter, note, phone message, etc. – without any indication of who the sender might be. In such cases there is no way for me to respond directly to these persons. I would hope, without explanation, you can understand why. If someone does not want the pastor to know who he/she is, I respect that. However, that prevents any kind of response. Such individuals might choose to contact one of the Pastoral Council representatives for one of the three parishes and remain anonymous to the pastor through this form of contact.
I care about each parishioner, truly, each person, and I want to provide all that I can within reason and within my abilities. But, I will never be able to assist individuals who remain anonymous.
Thank you for your contribution to our iGiveCatholic Online Fund Raiser. We have received over $10,000 towards our 2023 campaign. Again, THANK YOU!
- Every Friday througout Lent, the Stations of the Cross will be after the 7am Mass at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Chapel in Lutcher; at 5pm at St. Michael in Convent without Mass; and at 6pm at Sacred Heart in Gramercy without Mass.
- Our Cluster Blood Drive is Sunday, February 25, from 9:00-1:30pm in St. Peter Chanel Cafeteria. Please consider donating blood to help us meet our goal to cover our cluster. Thank you.
- The 32nd African American Mass is this Sunday, February 25 at 5pm at Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Church in Gramercy. All are invited.
- Sunday, February 25, the Knights of Columbus dinner proceeds will benefit the Sheriff’s Special Olympics.
- First Reconciliation is Thursday, February 29 at 6:30pm at St. Michael Church in Convent.
- Next weekend, March 2/3, the second collection is for our parish Building and Maintenance Fund.
- There will be a planning meeting Tuesday, February 27, at 6:30pm at St. Michael Hall for the Fete-Dieu du Mississippi Eucharistic Procession arriving at St. Michael Church August 14-15, 2024. Please come to find out how you can help or participate in this once-in-a lifetime event.
- We have prepared binders with all the Eucharistic Miracles display boards. One binder is available in the Adoration Chapel for prayer and reflection while in the Chapel. Four other binders are at the Pastoral Center available for checkout similar to library books should you want to read about the Eucharistic Miracles.
- For those of you still wanting to purchase a mausoleum space at St. Joseph Cemetery, you may contact American Cemetery Consultants at 225-663-1986.
Sunday Readings and Homilies can be seen on our YouTube chanel here: Channel content - YouTube Studio
Confession 7:00 - 7:50 AM
Mass 8:00 AM
Confession 3:00 - 3:50 PM
Vigil Mass 4:00 PM
Mass 10:00 AM
Mass 6:00 PM
Confession 4:00 - 4:50 PM
Mass 5:00 PM
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Chapel
3250 Louisiana Avenue
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00 AM (Lutcher)
Wednesday 5:30 PM (Lutcher)
News & Events
The Sunday Mass at 10:00 AM at St. Joseph Church is now being live-streamed. Each weeks mass will be on the Facebook page until the next Sunday's mass is aired. The readings and Homily from each Sunday will be available on The Catholic Church of East Saint James YouTube channel.
Our live-streamed 10:00am Mass on FaceBook is offered for the spiritual enrichment and benefit of any and all viewers. However, it CANNOT fulfill the moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass. Because of their disability, the sick and infirmed are automatically dispensed from this obligation; this Mass is explicitly for their benefit. All others without a factual impediment are always under moral obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
We are in need of volunteers to help with the live-streaming. It is only for videoing at mass and is a simple process. Several volunteers will allow a schedule so that no one is asked too often. Please contact Gordon Jenkins or the Pastoral Center to volunteer or for more information.
St. Joseph Cemetery Crucifix Restoration project is completed. The new cross and its base has been erected.
ST. MICHAEL GROTTO
We are happy to announce that we are able to reopen St. Michael’s Lourdes Grotto for more regular visits. Now open daily from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please remember to use the handicap ramp side door to enter and exit the church.
Our Perpetual Adoration Chapel has reopened at Prompt Succor Chapel. If you or someone you know would be willing to sign up for an hour, please contact Jason Amato, Bobby Lear, or Seth Bourgeois.
LOOK FOR THE NEW MASS STIPENDS POLICY UNDER .../MINISTRIES/SPIRITUAL LIFE AND WORSHIP
Further Information about religious services to parishioners:
Please contact Mrs. Missy Laurent at the Pastoral Center
Please contact your Funeral Home and the Pastoral Center to coordinate these services.
Please contact the Pastoral Center for details.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK / COMMUNION TO THE HOME-BOUND
Please contact the Pastoral Center for a priest to address these needs.
St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Stores in Lutcher is open.
We will strive to operate our Food Pantry on our designated days taking into account the health and well-being of our volunteers and clients. We will continue to provide emergency services as need through the Catholic Church Pastoral Center at 225-869-5751 or St. Vincent DePaul at 225-869-1078 leaving a message.
Sacred Heart Church is in need of volunteers to clean the church. Anyone interested should contact the Pastoral Center, 225-869-5751.
Is your marriage going down the right road . . . or is it a little off track? Life can be difficult, and so can the challenges you face in marriage.
Does the distance between you seem wide? Are you already separated? Looking for a better way? Retrouvaille can help and offers hope for a better relationship. Retrouvaille is a peer ministry of volunteer couples that can help you learn the tools of healthy communication, build intimacy and heal, just as they have done in their own marriages. Retrouvaille is Christian-based, and Catholic in origin, but welcomes couples of all faiths as well as non-religious couples. Retrouvaille can help get your relationship back on track. For more information about the upcoming local Retrouvaille Weekend program for couples, (March 8 - 10, 2024) contact: Randall and Robin Bellard @ 225-271-4092 or visit our website: HelpOurMarriage.org
Are you between the ages of 18-30 and have been longing for a deeper relationship with God, but don't know where to start or searching for friends with the same passion for Christ?? Join the River Road Catholics Young Adult Ministry for an opportunity to grow closer to God through prayer, worship, community, bible study, service, and friendship. Visit our Facebook for more information: River Road Catholics YAM.
For the Stewardship of Ministry page click here
You can now learn about and join the Knights of Columbus online at KofC.org/JoinUs
FORMED has gone through some changes and is getting rave reviews. Check out the new website and all it has to offer.
Please sign up for FORMED by clicking the icon and finding the parish of East St James
THIS WEEKS SUGGESTED VIEWING
Also check out the recommended topics from past months. Sorry this feature is no longer updated.
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 129
2130 Rectory Street
Paulina, LA 70763-0129
- Fr. Vincent Dufresne, Pastor
- Deacon Alfred Adams, SM HS PSR DRE/Lay Ministry Coordinator
- Mrs. Paula Poche, St. Peter Chanel Principal
- Gordon Jenkins, Facilities Administrator/IT Assistant
- Mrs. Missy Laurent, HS DRE/Confirmation/Youth Ministry/Bapt. Prep./Lay Ministry Coordinator
- Mrs. Harriet Melancon, Bulletin Editor
- Ms. Carol Ann Rome, SM Elementary PSR DRE
- Mrs. Tammy Martin, SJ & SH Finance
- Ms. Allison Badeaux, SM Finance/Payroll/HR
- Ms. Donna Rochon, Receptionist/Lay Ministry Coordinator
- Mrs. Amanda Berthelot, Secretary/Census/Sacramental Records
- Mrs. Liz Petit, SH/SJ PSR Assistant DRE