Funerals and Burials
This committee serves the families of parishioners at the time of death, bringing food and seeking to extend the warmth of the community at times of loss.
Deacon Alfred Adams (SM) 562-3255
Regaina Forsythe (SJ & SH) 206-2465
Julie Bordelon (SJ – Lutcher) 869-3841
Anna Lea Oubre (SH) 869-5698
Theresa Roussel (SJ-Paulina) 869-3582
The committee is coordinated by the Catholic Daughters of America and is serviced by the parishioners of St. Joseph and Sacred Heart. At St. Michael neighborhood captains help with this service.
Purchase a plot, vault, crypt, or niche
Should anyone wish to purchase a plot, vault, crypt, or niche, that person shall place an order with the appropriate personnel at:
(1) the Pastoral Center in Paulina for the St Joseph Cemetery
(2) the Comptroller for the St Mary Cemetery - Lois Poche (225) 869-8681 or for the St Michael Cemetery - Deacon Alfred Adams (225) 562-3255
RULES, REGULATIONS, AND POLICIES FOR THE CEMETERIES AND MAUSOLEUMS IN THE CLUSTER OF EAST SAINT JAMES are for the perpetual preservation of our cemeteries, to maintain a dignified, beautiful and inspiring atmosphere for our visitors, which respects our deceased loved ones, and provides safety for everyone both on and outside of the properties.
Kindly observe the following policies:
1. No one is allowed on the cemetery/mausoleum grounds between sunset and sunrise. Persons under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Please remain on roadways and/or walkways while in the cemetery, unless on foot.
3. Speed Limit: 15 miles per hour.
4. NO motorcycles, ATVs, or recreational vehicles allowed on the property.
5. Automobiles and light duty trucks driving on lawn areas are liable for any damage.
6. Please do not walk on nor stand on cemetery vaults, tombs, or memorials.
7. Please seek approval of the Cemetery Authority BEFORE adding decorations or memorabilia to any cemetery vaults or mausoleum crypts. Non-approved decorations will be removed and disposed immediately.
A FULL SET OF POLICIES IS AVAILABLE AT THE PASTORAL CENTER AT ST. JOSEPH IN PAULINA or at Cemetery and Mausoleum Rules Regulations and Policies