We have a wonderful opportunity to reflect on why God sent His Son, Jesus, and to grow as a parish family in our relationship with Jesus this Advent. I invite you to participate in a parish wide study, of “Opening the Word as part of our Stewardship of Prayer. This film study focuses on Advent through Epiphany. which is the reason for the season. Join in to our discussion board to share your faith. It is a 6-part series offered on FORMED.ORG. You can watch individually, as a family, or in small groups. We will all be watching the same videos as we journey together this Advent. Check our December 2nd Church Bulletin for details.
- In upper left hand corner click on the group icon and ask to join the group
- You will receive an email approving your admittance into the group
- Click the link to confirm you asked to be part of the group
- You will now be able to add your comments
Ground Rules for the Online Advent Discussion Board
1. The purpose of this group is to generate a greater understanding about the topic of Advent by Breaking Open the Word from the Sunday Readings.
2. In order to create a climate for open and honest dialogue and to encourage the broadest range of viewpoints, it is important for participants to treat each other with respect. We will all do our part to create an environment where everyone can be real, open and honest with their struggles and victories.
3. Stay on topic – Don’t post irrelevant links, comments, thoughts or pictures.
4. If you have questions, check if anyone has asked it already and received a reply. Just as you wouldn’t repeat a topic of discussion right after it happened in real life.
5. Be brief as possible. If you write a long prayer reflection or thought or dissertation in response to a simple question, it is unlikely that anyone will spend the time to read through it all.
6. We are not here to judge or condemn anyone. Name calling, verbal attacks, sarcasm and other negative exchanges are counterproductive for this discussion group. We are not here to solve or fix each other. Jesus does that part. Give encouragement; speak truth and point to Jesus.
7. Remember we do not have all the answers. It is ok to disagree with each other. Let’s agree to disagree. The purpose of this dialogue and discussion group is not to reach a consensus or convince others to our viewpoint about Advent. It is to deepen our individual understanding of the coming of Christ in our lives.